Thursday 4 February 2010

Pick Me Up Scans

Some scans from the 22nd October 2009 issue of Pick Me Up:










These are a really good example of what I consider to be a poorly designed publication. Lots of bright clashing colours, unconsidered fonts, jauntily angled photographs of poor quality. Theres even a bit of Comic Sans in there, oh dear... This would be greatly improved if they considered the body copy a bit more. Its crammed into about 3 or 4 columns on each page and its such a great amount of text it makes you not want to read it. I think stock photography would also help. I know that the pictures of the people in the story help the reader to relate to it, but they're just such poor quality, like they've been taken on a camera phone. The design just isn't appropriate to the stories at all. I think if I take these things into consideration in the redesign, it could look a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment