Tuesday 3 August 2010

Contents Structure

So from all the research I've done and the information I've gathered, I've decided that I need to re-jig the content structure of my book. This will probably change in the near future as I hope to hear back from some more designers and so will hopefully have more content to add. The inspiration section will also change as I get more interviews as this section will showcase editorial work that inspires me but was unable to get an interview with it's creator:

Effective Editorial Design
Introduction
- About my design practice and why I have chosen to look at editorial design
- Influence on my work
Editorial Design Basics
- Dissection of a magazine cover & spread
- Type
- Layout
- Budget
Unsuccessful Editorial Design
The Future Of Editorial Design
Inspiration
- Public
- Form
- Shaz Madani
- Deep
- Purpose
- Pentagram
- Sort Design
- D8
- Nylon
- Hinterland
- Emily Tu
- The Consult
- No Zine
- &Smith
- Thirteen
Interviews
- Matt Austin
- David Bailey
- Thom Bennett
- Axel Feldmann
- Holger Jacobs
- Mike Brough
Glossary
Bibliography
Acknowledgements

No comments:

Post a Comment