Tuesday 17 August 2010

Developing Sections


For the inspiration section, I tried to use the same background for all off them as a way of showing that these link as one section of the book but I thought it looked too boring, so I'm going back to the different colour blocks behind the content.


I decided on a final design for the section of my work and did an introduction page to editorial design basics. Might change this to include a list of all the things this section will look at. I like this style so will use this for the rest of this section.


Page about production cycles of magazines depending on whether they're daily, weekly or monthly.


And I did the bibliography and acknowledgments pages too. The main things left to do are the cover, contents, magazine dissection, typography, layout, budget, unsuccessful design and future of design. Due to the interviews and inspiration getting messed about here is an updated structure:

Effective Editorial Design
Contents
Introduction
- About my design practice and why I have chosen to look at editorial design
- Influence on my work
Editorial Design Basics
- Production cycles
- Dissection of a magazine cover
- Type
- Layout
- Budget
Unsuccessful Editorial Design
The Future Of Editorial Design
Inspiration
- &Smith
- D8
- Deep
- Design Has No Name
- Emily Tu
- Form
- No Zine
- Nylon
- Pentagram
- Public
- Purpose
- Shaz Madani
- Sort Design
- The Consult
- Thirteen
Interviews
- Matt Austin
- David Bailey
- Axel Feldmann
- Holger Jacobs
- Ken Leung
Bibliography
Acknowledgements

No comments:

Post a Comment