Thursday 5 August 2010

Layout Ideas


Today I drew out some ideas for layouts in the book. I tried to think about the kind of things that are going in there such as interview text, images, headings, addresses, editorial design basics etc. when designing these. This is because the advice that seemed consistent throughout the interviews I got back was that good editorial design works around the content and its all about showing the content off well - thats how you make a successful design. So I think some of these look good. I'll do some more tomorrow because theres more things I want to try and these help me visualise things before putting them on indesign.

1 comment:

  1. Very handy work. I'm pinning this to my art books board on Pinterest. This is one of the hardest parts of book design. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete